- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes without oil, or you can use halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breast diced into 1-inch cubes
- 12 oz whole wheat pasta
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth one cup for crock pot and stove top
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- ¾ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ⅔ cup parmesan grated
Instant Pot Directions:
- Lightly spray your pot with cooking spray and set Instant Pot to sauté. Once your pot is hot add tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Cook until just fragrant using a wooden spoon or spatula to prevent sticking.
- Brown chicken on all sides for 3-5 minutes. This will prevent chicken from sticking together when under pressure.
- Add your whole wheat noodles and chicken broth to the pot. Stir and make sure all of the pasta is pushed below the liquid.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Select Pressure Cook (high) and set the cook time for 3 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, blend the Greek yogurt and cottage cheese together until smooth and set aside.
- When the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Drain extra liquid, if necessary.
- Add spinach and fresh basil to the pot and stir until the leaves have wilted, then drain the excess liquid from the pot. Allow the pasta to cool for a minute or two so the dairy doesn’t curdle.
- Add the parmesan along with the blended yogurt and cottage cheese, then stir until mixed.
Crock Pot Directions:
- Lightly spray a skillet with cooking oil, then add tomatoes, garlic, Italian herbs, and pepper. Sauté over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the cubed chicken and brown for 1-2 minutes until chicken no longer sticks together.
- Place all of the contents of your skillet into your crockpot, and add chicken broth.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of the cook time, stir in your noodles, and make sure all the pasta is covered in liquid. If you need to add more liquid, do so now.
- Once the cook time is complete, add your spinach and basil Stir until spinach is wilted. Drain the excess liquid from the pot.
- Blend cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth, and add to the pot.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve immediately, topped with fresh basil.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or pot with cooking oil, then add tomatoes, garlic, Italian herbs, and pepper. Sauté over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Next, add cubed chicken to the skillet and brown for 1-2 minutes until chicken no longer sticks together.
- Add your pasta and chicken broth to the skillet, stir, and make sure all the noodles are covered. Once the broth begins to boil, cover your skillet and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add spinach and basil. Stir until the spinach is wilted. Drain any excess liquid from the pan.
- Blend the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth, then add to the pan.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and serve immediately topped with fresh basil.