SYNS: ZERO (If using Cheese as Healthy Extra A)
- 250g Lean 5% Fat Beef Mince
- 200g Dried Pasta
- 3 Bacon Medallions or Back Bacon Rashers, Chopped roughly
- 1/2 An Onion, Finely chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, Fine chopped
- 1/2 A Carrot Grated
- 1 Large Mushroom, Finely chopped
- 1 Cloves Of Garlic, Crushed
- 1/2 Tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
- 1 TBSP Tomato Puree
- 200g Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- 100ml Boiling Water
- 80g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- Pinch Of Salt And Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 3/170c Fan.
- Cook pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and add Pepper, Onion, Garlic and Grated carrot. Cook on a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Make up beef stock with crumbled stock cubes and 100ml of boiling water. Add this to the pan.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes before adding Mince, Bacon, Mushroom, Tomato Puree and Dried Mixed Herbs.
- Season with a pinch of Salt and Black Pepper.
- Allow to simmer, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add Chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until liquid has greatly reduced. You do not want the mince mixture to be too watery.
- Drain pasta and add to the mince. Stir well ensuring the pasta is covered in all of the mixture.
- Place the mixture into a large baking dish. Grated half of the cheese over the top and then use a spoon to mix together.
- Grate the remainder of the cheese on top and place into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the top is crispy.