This easy keto cheeseburger casserole is hearty and filling and makes a wonderful low carb alternative to a cheeseburger.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total 30 mins
Course: Main Course Cuisine: American Keyword: beef, casserole, cheeseburger
Servings: 6 servings Calories: 458 kcal
- Olive oil spray for the baking dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1 tablepsoon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided (6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the beef and the onions. Cook, stirring to break up the beef, until the meat is browned and the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- If there are liquids at the bottom of the skillet, drain the mixture and return it to the skillet.
- Stir in the kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Turn the heat off. Stir in the mayonnaise, unsweetened ketchup, mustard, and 1 cup cheddar.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 15 minutes. Or, if your baking dish is broiler-safe, broil the casserole 6 inches below the heating element (not directly below) until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Amount Per Serving
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 279%
Daily Value*Total Fat 31g 48%Saturated Fat 7g35%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%Sugars 2g
Protein 38g76%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.