Course Appetizer, Party, Snack Cuisine American Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Cooling Time 5 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Servings 4 Calories 398 kcal
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks each cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup bacon bits or finely diced cooked bacon
- 1 small fresh jalapeño finely diced
- finely chopped fresh chives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a bowl, and microwave it for one minute. Stir, then cook for another 30 seconds. Add in almond flour, a beaten egg, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Let the dough cool enough so that you can handle it, then knead until smooth. Add extra almond flour if it is too sticky to work with.
- Take a small portion of the dough and flatten it out into your hand. Add a slice of mozzarella cheese string, a few bacon bits, and some finely diced fresh jalapeño.
- Form the dough around the filling, ensuring that all sides are completely sealed. Place it on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Continue with the rest of the dough: this recipe makes 16 cheese bombs.
- Sprinkle any remaining bacon bits over the top of each bomb, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then garnish with chopped chives and serve warm.
5g net carbs per serving of four cheese bombs.
Low Carb Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Bombs Amount Per Serving Calories 398Calories from Fat 288%
Daily Value*Total Fat 32g49%Saturated Fat 10g50%[AdSense-A]Cholesterol 96mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 7g2%Dietary Fiber 2g8%Sugars 1g
Protein 22g44% Vitamin A8.8%Vitamin C0.4% Calcium29.4% Iron8.4%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.