yield: 8 prep time: 30 MINUTES bake time: 25 MINUTES total time: 55 MINUTES
Enjoy all the flavours of hearty Italian meal without the carbs! This keto casserole is meaty and cheesy.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper and cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in tomato paste and oregano and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour meat sauce over the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, spread out half the cauliflower. Top with half the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan. Add the rest of the cauliflower and top with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 277 TOTAL FAT: 13.1g SATURATED FAT: 7.1g TRANS FAT: 0.1g UNSATURATED FAT: 5.3g CHOLESTEROL: 74.2mg SODIUM: 454.6mg CARBOHYDRATES: 8.8g FIBER: 2g SUGAR: 3.4g Protein: 31.4g