These Churro Pancakes are everything you want in a pancake- fluffy, soft, super easy to make and topped with cinnamon sugar.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt plain or Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 TBSP BROWN SUGAR SUBSTITUTE ( I USE LAKANTO GOLDEN MONKFRUIT SWEETENER)
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 TBSP GRANULATED SUGAR SUBSTITUTE ( I USE LAKANTO CLASSIC MONKFRUIT SWEETENER)
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl combine, 2 egg whites and using a hand mixer, beat until nice and foamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Spray a non stick skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat skillet on medium high.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto prepared skillet, making 4 inch pancakes.
- Cook pancakes on medium high until little bubbles start to form at the top of the pancakes. About 2-4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a small mixing bowl combine, cinnamon and white granulated sugar substitute. Mix until until well combined. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top and bottom of each pancake.
- Enjoy! Serve pancakes with your favorite toppings such as: SUGAR FREE MRS. BUTTERWORTH’S SYRUP, fat free Reddi Whip and or sugar free caramel ice cream sauce.
SERVINGS: MAKES 9 PANCAKES / 2 FREESTYLE SMART POINTS FOR 3 PANCAKES
- I recommend using a canola oil base non stick cooking spray. I have noticed that the pancakes will stick sometimes to cooking oils such as coconut oil or sunflower oil.
- In order to calculate the freestyle smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the ww recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate.
- The key to making these pancakes nice and fluffy is beating 2 eggs whites together. Therefore this is a critical step to ensure the pancakes turn out thick and fluffy.