Recipe type: Baking
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
Serves: 10 4SP Freestyle, 5SP/3PP
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and diced (any apples are fine, I used granny smith)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup milk (I used 1%)
- FOR ICING GLAZE
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar (confectionery sugar)
- ½ Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a regular size loaf pan with some non stick spray.
- In a small bowl mix your 3 Tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon together and set aside.
- Peel and dice your apples into small pieces, mix in a bowl with your remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk your eggs and mix in your ¼ cup brown sugar. Stir in apple sauce, vanilla and milk. Mix well.
- Fold in your flour, baking soda and powder.
- Pour half of your batter into your loaf pan, top with ½ of your diced apple mixture and lightly press into batter, sprinkle half of your brown sugar mixture on. Top with remaining batter, apples and sugar mixture..
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes and make sure loaf is baked through.
- Let cool for at least 45 minutes before removing from pan.
- For glaze mix your icing sugar and ½ Tbsp of milk together and drizzle with a spoon over top of loaf (optional to add the glaze but adds a nice sweetness) I don’t think points will change if you don’t use the glaze.. Cut into 10 slices.
- Store in sealed container,move to fridge after day 1. Makes 10 slices at 4 freestyle smart points per slice (3 points plus)
- Nutritonal info (not incl apples because on WW we don’t add points for fruit) Calories 128…Fat 1.3g…Sat fat 0.4g… Carbs 25.3g… Fiber 0.5g… Sugars 13.4g…Protein 3.2g