Chicken breasts braised in fresh cherry tomatoes, olives, capers and seasonings until tender makes a quick and easy dinner fancy enough for special friends.
PREP TIME 10 MINS | Servings (adjustable) 4: Calories: 192
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (about 2 cups. I used red & yellow)
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic (or 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled & minced)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or oregano (I used herbs de Provence)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half (about 25 olives)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-quart (If you use a larger slow cooker, check after 4 hours on low as it will cook more quickly.)Season the chicken with salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.Add the remaining ingredients.Cover, and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is fork tender.
4-Quart Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 of the olive/tomato mixture Freestyle SmartPoints: 1WW PointsPlus (old program): 5