These One Point Blueberry Muffins are packed with protein and loaded with blueberries, they are family favorite! PREP TIME 5 minutes COOK TIME 15 minutes ADDITIONAL TIME 3 minutes TOTAL TIME 23 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Power Cakes, Flapjack and Waffle Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water (give or take depending on the batter consistency)
- 1/4 cup zero point granulated white sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, water, applesauce & sugar substitute.
- Blend together. Add kodiak pancake mix and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in fresh or frozen blueberries. ( I usually add more on top of batter and cover them a bit with the batter.)
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray or use muffin foil- liners.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Servings: Makes regular size 12 muffins
GREEN: 1 SmartPoint for 1 muffin or 2 SmartPoints for 2 muffins if using egg whites or 2 Smartpoints per muffin if using a whole egg
BLUE: 1 SmartPoints for 1 muffin or 2 Smartpoints for 2 muffins
PURPLE: 1 SmartPoints for 1 muffin or 2 Smartpoints for 2 muffins
- I recommend using either foil muffin liners or spraying the muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. The paper muffin liners tend to stick to the batter.
- If you prefer using regular white sugar these muffins are 2 SmartPoints per serving.
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (sugar substitute) that is used in this recipe is zero points. Please keep in mind-the point value can vary depending on the brand of sugar substitute you choose to use. Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener also has a 1:1 ratio to real sugar. If you use a different sugar substitute you will want to use the equivalent to real sugar that is recommended on back of the sugar substitute package.
- Store in an airtight container on the coutner for up 5-7 days or freezer for up to a month.
- For extra protein: you may substitute a 1/3 cup Kodiak Pancake mix for 1/3 cup (100-110 calorie) flavor protein powder ( I use Devotion Angel Food Cake)