These Vanilla Cornbread Muffins are sweet, tasty and easy to make. They make for a great side dish or for a tasty breakfast.
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME16 minutes
TOTAL TIME21 minutes
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup self rising flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 3 TBSP SUGAR SUBSTITUTE (I USE LAKANTO CLASSIC MONKFRUIT SWEETENER)
- 1 (1.oz ) box of dry instant sugar free vanilla pudding
- 2 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 muffin tin, with 12 foil muffin liners
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar substitute, and pudding mix. Mix well.
- Stir in softened butter and extract until crumbly for about 1 min.
- Stir in unsweetened almond milk until moistened *Do not over mix*
- Scoop into 12 muffin liners.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Servings: Makes 12 regular sized Muffins / 2 Freestyle smart points per muffin.
Tips: I sprayed the top of the cooled muffins with “I can’t believe it’s not butter spray”