Syn free using your Healthy Extras and totally melt in the mouth delicious!
- 3x Large Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- Half a Pack Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2tbsp Tomato Puree
- 150mls Boiling Chicken Stock (or veg stock)
- Pack of Muscle Foods Giant British Meatballs (cut into quarters)
- 3tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 70g Grated Mozzarella (2 person’s HexA choice, some varieties allow 40g per person)
- 2x Crusty Wholemeal Rolls (60g each, remove bread from the middle if too heavy – cut in half)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Fry Light
- Preheat your grill to 200 degrees.
- In a frying pan, fry your quartered meatballs until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium sauce pan over a high heat with Fry Light and add your chopped tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Fry until they begin to break down.
- Add the stock, two tablespoons of the herbs and some salt and pepper to taste and reduce the heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Mix in your meatballs.
- While your sauce is thickening, spray a baking tray with Fry Light and then place your halved rolls in it crust side down. Spray with a bit of Fry Light and pop under the grill for two minutes to toast.
- When toasted, remove from the oven and evenly spoon the meatballs and sauce onto the rolls.
- Sprinkle over your cheese, and the rest of the herbs, and place back under the grill to broil.
- Once the cheese has melted, take out of the oven and serve immediately!
Syn free using 60g wholemeal roll as your HexB option and 35g of grated mozzarella as your HexA option.
Calories: 307 cal
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fat: 17 gSodium: 412 g
Cholesterol: 65 g
Protein: 22 g
Fiber: 5 g