Prep time: 5 minsCook time: 10 minsTotal time: 15 minsServes: 24 1sp each or 2 for 1ppIngredients
- 1 package of biscuit dough, 7.5oz (the multi 4 pack ones by great value)
- 1.5T brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5T white sugar
- 1t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F, spray a 24 mini muffin tin and set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat together your applesauce and brown sugar. Divide mixture into the 24 mini muffin tin, about ½t in each. Cut up 8 of the tea biscuits in to 16 pieces, so cut 4 down and 4 across. You will have 2 extra tea biscuits left over.
- In a bag mix white sugar and cinnamon together, place all your pieces of biscuits in the bag and shake well. Be sure to break up all the pieces that might stick together so they are all coated.
- Place 5 pieces in each muffin cup.
- Bake in oven for approx. 9-11 minutes until your biscuits are cooked. Make sure you have sprayed the muffin cups or they will stick. Using a knife to cut around, lift up muffins, the applesauce leaves a nice gooey yummy bottom. 1 sp each or 2 muffins is 1pp.
- Nutritional info per muffin .. Calories 28.. Fat 0.2g… Saturated fat 0g..Carbs 5.9g..Fiber 0.2g.. Sugars 1.9g..Protein 0.6g
- *Note, Pillsbury have discontinued the 7.5oz packaged of biscuits that come in a 4 pack but Walmart carry them in their great value brand, also you can use a bigger pillsbury biscuit pack and weigh out 7.5 oz or just increase the yield..