delicious sugar-free treat that tastes just like the famous Girl Scout cookie!Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanServings: 16 barsCalories: 214 kcalIngredientsCrust::
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter chilled and cut into small pieces
Peanut Butter Caramel Filling::
- 2/3 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Powdered swerve sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp caramel extract
- can use vanilla extract
- 3 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate such as Lily’s, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Crust:Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine almond flour, butter, sweetener, and salt in a food processer. Pulse to combine. Sprinkle the butter over and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan and bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Set aside and let cool.
- Peanut Butter Filling:In a microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter and melt on high until it can be stirred to a smooth mixture, about 1 minute. Stir in the powdered sweetener until well combined and then whisk in the cream and the extract.
- Pour over cooled crust and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Chocolate Topping:In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and the butter. (confession! I actually used the same bowl from the peanut butter mixture to avoid dirtying another bowl…worked beautifully!).
- Heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Be careful not to overheat and make your chocolate seize.
- Spread over the chilled filling. Let set at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Nutrition FactsLow Carb Tagalong BarsAmount Per Serving (1 bar)Calories 214Calories from Fat 176% Daily Value*Total Fat 19.5g30%Total Carbohydrates 6.51g2%Dietary Fiber 2.54g10%Protein 4.68g9%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000