Servings: 8 Calories: 244kcal Author: Jennifer
- Meatball Ingredients:
- * 1 lb ground beef I used 85/15 blend
- * 1 lb spicy pork sausage
- * 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- * 1/3 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- * 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds substitute for breading
- * 2 egg
- * 2 tsp onion powder
- * 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- * 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning blend
- Casserole Toppings:
- * Low Carb Red Sauce Spaghetti or Marinara
- * 2 Cups Cheese for the top of the casserole
- * Fresh basil for a topping
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray
- Use a food processor to crush the pork rinds.
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the red sauce 2 cups cheese and fresh basil that is set aside for the casserole) for the meatballs. I use my hands to mix all these ingredients.
- Use a small cookie scoop and make small meatballs (all the same size)
- Place the meatballs in a casserole dish and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Remove them from the oven and drain the grease.
- Top with the low carb red sauce and cheese and put them back in the oven.
- Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with a side salad or over zoodles and enjoy!
Serving: 5meatballs | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.2g | Protein: 18.8g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 2.1g