This Low Carb Bagels recipe is for chewy, golden brown bagels that are full of flavor that satisfy your cravings! The bagels are also keto and gluten-free.Course: SideCuisine: AmericanServings: 8 Calories: 428 kcalAuthor: The Gunny SackIngredients
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 1/4 cup almond flour, if needed while kneading
- Put shredded cheese and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals stirring after each interval until smooth.
- In a separate, combine the almond flour and baking powder. Add the beaten eggs and stir to combine.
- Add the melted cheese mixture to the almond flour mixture. Mix in the bowl and then turn out onto a silicone mat or flat surface sprinkled with almond flour. Knead until combined. Sprinkle the dough with 1/4 cup of almond flour when it gets sticky and continue kneading. Return the dough to the microwave to soften the cheese if you are having difficulty kneading.
- Divide the dough ball into 8 pieces. Form a ball with each piece and then make a hole in the center and form into a bagel shape.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 425˚F for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow the bagels to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Any changes or substitutions to the recipe will change the nutrition facts.Nutrition FactsLow Carb Bagels RecipeAmount Per ServingCalories 428Calories from Fat 315% Daily Value*Fat 35g54%Saturated Fat 11g69%Cholesterol 99mg33%Sodium 457mg20%Potassium 234mg7%Carbohydrates 10g3%Fiber 3g13%Sugar 2g2%Protein 21g42%Vitamin A 630IU13%Calcium 409mg41%Iron 1.9mg11%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.