Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 32 mins
Total time: 52 mins
Serves: 9 5 SP Freestyle, 5sp/4pp per serving
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1.5 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 3 Tbsp reduced fat margarine
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1⅓ cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt & pepper
- 1-284ml can low fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken (about 12oz)
- 1-7.5oz package pillsbury biscuits (in the 4 value pack)
- Chop your carrots and place in a microwave safe bowl, add 1 Tbsp water and cover with saran wrap, poke a small hole to vent. Place in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan on stove on med-low, add carrots, broccoli and onions and let cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring often. Remove from stove and place in a bowl with your cubed chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400F, spray a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Using the same pan you used for your vegetables melt your margarine over med-low heat. Stir in your flour and then whisk in your milk. Let simmer for 5 minutes, add your parsley and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in your can of soup and your chicken broth and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Stir in your vegetables and chicken and mix well.
- Pour mixture into your casserole dish and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 9 (of your 10) biscuits on top (raw biscuits) you will have 1 extra. Return to oven for 12 minutes, until biscuits are a golden color. Let cool for 5 minutes. Makes 9 servings.
- *note, you can add some peas and lower the broccoli or carrots if you wish.
NotesSP Freestyle- 5 using WW recipe builder
Smart points- 5 using SP calculator
Points plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info (adapted from my fitness pal) Per serving (incl vegetables in <g class=”gr_ gr_85 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep” id=”85″ data-gr-id=”85″>recipe</g>) Calories 191… Fat 6.7g… Saturated fat 1.4g… Carbohydrates 21.2g… Fiber 1.7g… Sugars 4.8g… Protein 12.2g using My Fitness Pal