Make your own homemade chicken enchiladas from scratch, that are just as delicious as any restaurant. It’s the best chicken enchiladas recipe I’ve ever tried, and it’s made with the most amazing and easy enchilada sauce.Points: 6 PointsServings: servingsCalories: 340 kcalAuthor: WendyIngredientsFOR THE ENCHILADAS
- 8 low carb whole wwheat flour tortillas
- ½ lb chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup corn
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- ¾ cup of prepared enchilada sauce (see below)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese (shredded)
- ? cup cilantro
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE ENCHILADA SAUCE
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
InstructionsTO ROAST CHICKEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set chicken breasts in dish, and season with seasoning mix. Place in oven, and roast for about 20 min, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken and any pan juices to a large bowl and tent with foil. When cool enough to handle, shred using two forks.
TO MAKE SAUCE:
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan on medium high heat. Add in all ingredients and bring to a low boil. Turn heat down to let, cover, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
TO MAKE ENCHILADAS:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add in onions and garlic and saute for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in shredded chicken, cilantro, corn, black beans, lime juice, and ¾ cup of the prepared enchilada sauce. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Cook for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- To assemble enchiladas, add about 1/3 cup of chicken and bean mixture onto each tortilla. Roll it up, and place into baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas, top with the shredded cheese, cover with foil, then bake in the oven for for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro if desired.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 enchiladas
Each serving = 6 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle valueNutrition FactsChicken and Black Bean Enchiladas RecipeAmount Per ServingCalories 340Calories from Fat 101% Daily Value*Total Fat 11.2g17%Saturated Fat 1.4g7%Cholesterol 39mg13%Sodium 814mg34%Potassium 976mg28%Total Carbohydrates 48g16%Dietary Fiber 22g88%Sugars 7.7gProtein 28g56%Calcium10%Iron27%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.