- 1 zucchini cut into slices 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion medium
- 2 cups pasta sauce divided
- 7 ounces diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach chopped, drained
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cook zucchini in a 400˚F oven for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Fry the ground beef, sausage, and onion till brown. Add 1 cup pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Heat through.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beaten eggs with the cottage cheese. Add the spinach and parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Pour 1/2 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13″ pan. First layer the zucchini, meat sauce, layer of zucchini, cottage cheese mixture, zucchini, final layer of meat sauce and a final layer of zucchini. Top with remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce.
- Bake uncovered in a 350˚F oven for 1 hour. Cover with mozzarella cheese and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 446IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 2mg