These muffin tin eggs can be made with just eggs and veggies, but we prefer them with turkey sausage. Since traditional turkey sausage you buy in the store does have points, we are including the ingredients to make your own homemade turkey sausage.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Serves: 12 Makes 6 Servings (2 muffin tin eggs per serving) Zero Smart
Points on FreeStyle or Flex Plans 4 SmartPoints on Beyond the Scale 4 PointsPlus
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning Blend
- 1 red, orange, or green pepper, diced
- ½ pound 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick spray. On medium heat cook ground turkey, sage, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and marjoram for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through. Stir consistently to prevent sticking.
- While turkey is cooking, in a large bowl, beat eggs and Montreal steak seasoning together until well mixed and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Stir in diced bell pepper.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, spoon into the muffin tins spreading equally between each muffin tin.
- Pour egg mixture over the turkey filling ¾ of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Calories: 172 Fat: 9.2 Saturated fat: 2.7 Carbohydrates: 1.8 Sugar: 1.2 Sodium: 462 Fiber: .4 Protein: 20.7 Cholesterol: 351