yield: 4 QUESADILLAS
- 10 oz raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons southwest or taco seasoning (I used McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free Southwest Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 Flatout Light Original Flatbreads
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 tablespoons salsa (I used roasted tomato salsa)
- Place the chopped chicken into a zip top bag and add the southwest seasoning. Seal the bag and shake/massage the chicken until coated with the seasoning.
- Place the oil in a large skillet and bring over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken and stir to coat with oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Place a Flatout flatbread onto a clean, dry surface and sprinkle ½ ounce of the shredded cheese over half the surface of the flatbread (the long way). Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the salsa over the top of the shredded cheese and top with ¼ of the cooked chicken. Sprinkle another ½ ounce of the shredded cheese over the chicken and then fold the empty half of the flatbread over the toppings to form the quesadilla. Repreat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas (if not serving all at once you can store the ingredients separately and build when needed)
- Lightly mist both sides of the quesadillas with cooking spray. Bring a large griddle pan or skillet to medium heat and place the quesadillas on the pan (you may have to work in batches). Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the outside of the flatbread starts to turn golden and the cheese inside is melted. Cut each quesadilla into triangles with a knife or pizza cutter and serve.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (1 QUESADILLA) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 6 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
7 per quesadilla (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER QUESADILLA:
286 calories, 17 g carbs, 0 g sugars, 11 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 33 g protein, 8 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)