- 1 large zucchini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese or any other cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon or pepperoni
- 10 green olives
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF / 200ºC.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4″ rounds and place on a baking tray that has been lined with either parchment paper.
- Brush the top side of each zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 3 minutes and then flip each zucchini slice and brush with a little more olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add a spoonful of marinara sauce to the top of each zucchini slice then the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle Cheddar / Parmesan cheese, bacon or pepperoni, green olives, and finally dried oregano on top.
- Turn the oven up to broil and place the baking tray under the broiler for 5 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 17 g 25 % | Saturated Fat: 4 g 21 % | Cholesterol: 20 mg 7 % | Total Carbohydrate: 7 g 2 % | Protein: 8 g 16 %