This Skinny Slow Cooker Lasagna is simple to make and is a meal the entire family will loves. Why spend so much time in the kitchen making regular lasagna when you can let your slow cooker do the work?
PREP TIME20 minutes
COOK TIME4 hours 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME4 hours 50 minutes
- 1 lb. Laura’s Lean 96% ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp white granulated sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, divided ( I use Market Pantry from Target)
- 1 1/2 cups fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray. Cook the lean ground beef over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Break up the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add salt, pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce,.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine tomato sauce, sugar substitute, and crushed tomatoes. Whisk in 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Stir until well combined. Pour sauce mixture into the skillet with the meat.
- Stir and simmer 30 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella, parmesan cheese and cottage cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Spray the bottom and sides of the slow closer with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Arrange a few noodles to cover the sauce (you may need to break the noodles to fit)
Top with 1 cup of meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- Make a second layer with noodles, another 1 cup of sauce, and cup of cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers until the top is used with the remaining meat sauce.
- Then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
Servings: Makes 8 ( 1 cup) servings
GREEN: 8 SmartPoints per serving
BLUE: 8 SmartPoints per serving
PURPLE: 5 SmartPoints per serving if using whole wheat lasagna noodles or 8 SmartPoints per serving using regular lasagna noodles
- For this slow cooker lasagna you will need to use regular (dry not boiled) lasagna noodles. Do NOT use OVEN READY lasagna noodles.You will layer the lasagna noodles uncooked in your slow cooker.
- The point value may vary if you use ground turkey or Italian sausage.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- BARILLA PASTA, WAVY LASAGNE
- MCCORMICK PERFECT PINCH ITALIAN SEASONING, 2.25 OZ
- MCCORMICK ONION POWDER, 22 OUNCE
- CORN STARCH
- MCCORMICK GRANULATED GARLIC, 26 OZ
- FRENCH’S WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE, 1 GAL
- (PACK OF 12) CONTADINA CANNED ROMA TOMATO SAUCE WITH NATURAL SEA SALT, 12X15OZ. CANS
- CROCK-POT SCCPVL610-S-A 6-QUART COOK & CARRY PROGRAMMABLE SLOW COOKER WITH DIGITAL TIMER, STAINLESS STEEL
- DELALLO ORGANIC WHOLE WHEAT LASAGNA, OVEN READY, 9-OUNCE BOXES (PACK OF 6)
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 322TOTAL FAT: 11gSATURATED FAT: 4gCHOLESTEROL: 57mgSODIUM: 998mgCARBOHYDRATES: 38gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 34gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 5gPROTEIN: 32g