These Big Mac Biscuit Bombs are perfect for a fun twist on burger night at home or new party appetizer everyone will love. These Big Mac Biscuit Bombs are 3 WW SP for 1, 5 WW SP for 2, and 8 WW SP for 3. Recipe makes 18.
Servings: 18 Author: Ed
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely dices onion
- 2 spears kosher dill pickles finely chopped
- 9 slices Velveeta Cheese
- kosher salt & pepper
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 2.25 cups self rising flour divided
- 1 cup non fat Greek Yogurt Fage brand
- 2 tbsp butter cubed and cold (or frozen)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- Combine 2 cups flours, baking powder, greek yogurt, and cashew milk until shaggy.
- Sprinkle remaining flour onto a cutting board.
- Press the dough with your hands and form into a rectangle. Fold dough over and press down to a 1/2 inch high rectangle. Fold and repeat 5 more times.
- Cut dough into 18 pieces, cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to stuff Big Mac Biscuit Bombs.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and saute onions for about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and a big pinch of salt.
- Cook ground beef until fully browned, add the pickles, and remove mix from the heat.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin (or winde bottle… no judgments), roll dough into a thin disc roughly 4 inches wide and thinner than store bought pie crust.
- Add half a slice of velveeta cheese and 2.5 tbsp of meat filling.
- Pinch the edges together into the shape of a ball or fold over and crimp edges with a fork like an empanada. Place on a sprayed baking sheet until all are ready for the oven.
- Mix egg and a splash of water in a bowl and give these biscuit bombs an egg wash. If you don’t have a pastry brush, fold a paper towel like a fan and brush the egg onto the biscuit bombs.
- Give the bombs a little spritz of cooking spray and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Bake these Big Mac Biscuit Bombs at 450 for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with thousand island dressing.