These Lightened Up Taco Bell Copycat Mexican Pizzas taste just like the fast-food Mexican pizzas from Taco Bell, with layers of crunchy tortilla, refried beans, seasoned lean ground beef, hot sauce, and cheese. This recipe is a healthier alternative and won’t disappoint!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME7 minutes
TOTAL TIME17 minutes
- 4 Mission carb balance white low carb tortillas
- 6 oz. 96% lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Taco Bell taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup fat free refried beans
- 1/2 cup Taco Bell mild or hot sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp green onion, sliced
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat and cook lean ground beef until it’s no longer pink. Drain any excess fat. Add taco seasoning and 1 tsp water. Stir and cook for another two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lightly spray both sides of the tortillas with olive oil cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the air fryer basket to crisp up for 4 minutes at 380° degrees. Repeat step with another tortilla.
- Remove tortilla from basket. Spread half of the refried beans on one tortilla, and add a layer of taco meat.
- Next, lay the second crispy tortilla shell on top of the meat.
- Spoon half of the Taco Bell sauce over the top tortilla, then sprinkle on half of the shredded cheese.
- Air fry at 325° degrees for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted. Use a large spatula to lift out of the air fryer basket.
- Garnish with olives, Roma tomatoes and green onions, if desired.
- Cut it into quarters and serve warm with your favorite toppings! Repeat steps for second pizza.