Taco fiesta bubble up casserole
8 points, 7sp or 6pp/serving (same on freestyle 7sp) 7SP on blue, green or purple
COOK TIME50 mins
TOTAL TIME1 hr 10 mins
- 1 lb cooked extra lean ground beef
- 1 7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits (10 biscuits to the pack, the ones In the 4 value pack, if you can’t find that size you can buy the bigger size and weigh it out)
- 1 package Taco seasoning, 30g
- 1 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 cup diced peppers I used red, orange and yellow
- 1 cup diced onion I used red onion
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese I use a 3 cheese blend
- Green onion
- Fat free sour cream for topping optional
- Cook the ground beef in a pan on the stove, add the taco seasoning and simmer for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Mix the ground beef and salsa together in a bowl.
- Cut up the peppers & onion, and then cut the biscuits into 6 pieces each.
- Place half of the biscuit pieces in the bottom of the casserole dish, top with half of the meat mixture, half of the peppers and onions and half of the cheese. Repeat layers and finish with the chopped green onion on top.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in oven for 35 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes.Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6 servings. 8 personal points per serving, 7sp or 6 points plus. Top with a spoon of fat free sour cream (optional)
Personal Points- 8
Smart Points- Blue/Green/Purple- 7
Points Plus- 6