This Syn Free Chicken & Bacon Pasta Bake is a healthy, simple and delicious Slimming World friendly dinner recipe that your whole family can enjoy.
- 3x Large Chicken Breasts
- 6x Lean Bacon Pieces (all visible fat removed)
- 1x White Onion (diced)
- 2x Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 8x Large Tomatoes (diced)
- 400g Passata
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- 2tsp Dried Oregano
- 1tsp Dried Thyme
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Pepper
- 1/2tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- 250g Pasta of your choice
- 180g Grated Cheddar Cheese/Red Leicester (or a mix of both)
- Fry the onions and garlic over low heat until they’ve become translucent and soft.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the chicken and bacon and fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken, bacon and onions from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, dried herbs, fresh parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper and fry until the tomatoes begin to reduce into a sauce.
- Add the pasatta and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and bacon back into the sauce and stir together.
- Add the pasta and tip out into a deep baking tray.
- Top the pasta mix with grated cheddar and Red Leicester cheese and bake in the oven until golden brown.
Syn free on Slimming World using 1x Healthy Extra A portion per serving. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please confirm all syn values through official Slimming World resources. I am not a trained Slimming World consultant and am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way.