This Skinny Cranberry Orange Loaf or Muffins are packed with cranberries and flavored with fresh orange juice! An easy muffin or loaf recipe that’s sure to be a favorite!
Author: thepounddropper.comPREP TIME8 minutesCOOK TIME18 minutesADDITIONAL TIME30 minutesTOTAL TIME56 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour-I use Gold Medal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp zero point brown sugar substitute- I use LAKANTO monk fruit golden sweetener
- 4 Tbsp zero point white sugar substitute -I use LAKANTO monk fruit classic or baking sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes made with canola oil light butter, melted or 3 Tbsp of unsweetened applesauce
- 2-4 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice, about 2-3 oranges * see notes
- Zest from two oranges
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries* see notes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9.5-inch bread pan or 12-cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl combine egg, water, sugar sweeteners, orange juice, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Stir until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX. (over-mixing will ruin the texture)
- Before the two are completely incorporated add in melted butter or unsweetened applesauce. Stir just until barely combined.
- Gently fold in the cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or 18- 20 minutes if you’re making muffins or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- You can substitute the 2-4 Tbsp fresh organge juce for 1/4 cup of fresh bottled no sugar added orange juice.
- If using frozen cranberries (do not thaw) toss them with 1 Tbsp of flour to coat-this will help ensure they don’t fall to the bottom or/and discolor the batter.