This Lightened Up Banana Cream Cake is a lighter version of a banana cream cake- made with a cake mix, bananas, banana pudding and topped with banana slices and vanilla wafer cookies!
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME22 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME37 minutes
- 1 ( 16 oz.) package Pillsbury sugar free yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ( 1.0 oz. ) sugar free Banana Cream Instant Pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 6 oz. light cool whip
- 1 large banana and 30 mini vanilla wafers or 16 reduced fat regular size vanilla wafers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, mashed bananas, cake mix, eggs, water, vanilla extract, and unsweetened applesauce.
- Using a hand or standing mixer, beat on low until batter is completely combined.
- Spray a 9X13 BAKING DISH with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine pudding mix and skim or unsweetened almond milk.
- Whisk together until it thickens. Fold in cool whip.
- Using the end of a mixing spoon, poke the cake with holes through the entire cake. Pour pudding mixture onto cake. Spread evenly until the entire cake is covered.
- Top with sliced bananas.
- Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, cut into 16 even slices. Top with mini vanilla wafers or regular size vanilla wafers.