I have been looking for a formula for a keto caramel slice since I initially began on keto a couple of years back, and each connection I pursued was an impasse.
There are a couple of sites promising keto caramel slice out there, however every connection I clicked, the post had been expelled!
I found a few plans however they simply weren’t rich and wanton enough.
Subsequent to exploring different avenues regarding various bases, caramels and chocolate ganache fixings, this is by a wide margin my top choice.
You can make this as a half formula in a little preparing tin also.
This may be convenient on the off chance that you don’t need the allurement of an ENTIRE plate of Keto Caramel Slice sitting in the ice chest.
have adored caramel slice for my entire life. In my family, we recount to an account of how when I was a young lady, I jumped on a stool to attempt and get to the best in the class of the storeroom to get the ‘creature squares’. Adorable.
The traditional formula would send me into hyperglycaemic cerebrum haze and the paleo variant – made with dates, is too sugary to even think about being delighted in – um every day! I locate a small slice of this truly hits the spots and, because of its high-fat substance isn’t very moreish by any stretch of the imagination – win!
I have made a Nutritional Information Panel and included that toward the finish of this post. There are 3.6 grams of starch, 3.3 grams of sugar, 30.1 grams of fat and 3.8 grams of protein per slice – and that is made with the maple syrup. So according to my observation, that makes this the ideal little keto treat. Appreciate!Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 35 minutes Servings 30 Squares Calories 192 kcal
- 1.5 cups almond flour fine
- 4 tablespoons xylitol
- Pinch Salt
- 4 tablespoons melted butter cooled
- 280 grams of butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons xylitol
- 200 grams dark chocolate 70 – 80%, low sugar
- 120 grams heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper (or a half size if you are making a smaller batch)
- Combine the base ingredients well and press firmly into the tin in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until just turning golden at the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and xylitol over medium-low heat. Continue melting, stirring occasionally, until it is a dark golden brown colour. The darker you get it – without burning – the richer the caramel taste will be.
- Once golden brown, stir in the heavy cream and simmer for a further 7-10 minutes until the caramel has thickened. Stir regularly.
- Pour the caramel over the base and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Once done, refrigerate until completely cool and set.
- Once the caramel and base are completely cooled, prepare the ganache. Chop the chocolate roughly and put In a microwave-safe ceramic or glass bowl with the cream.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds until the chocolate begins to melt. Continue stirring out of the microwave until it is evenly combined and glossy. Watch the microwave very closely to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Spread the ganache over the caramel and refrigerate until set. Cut into small squares.
- Keep refrigerated.
Keto Caramel Slice
Amount Per Serving
Calories 192 Calories from Fat 171% Daily Value*Total Fat 19g29%Saturated Fat 10g50%Cholesterol 40mg13%Sodium 85mg4%Potassium 58mg2%Total Carbohydrates 4g1%Dietary Fiber 1g4%Sugars 1gProtein 2g4%Vitamin A9.2%Vitamin C0.1%Calcium2.7%Iron5.6%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.