yield: 10prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 40 MINUTES
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls made KETO. These are super delicious and has a hint of a pineapple taste!
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups (100g) whey protein isolate
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar substitute (I used monk fruit/erythritol)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup ( 180ml – 236ml) warm water
- 1/4 cup (50g) melted butter
- 1 tsp pineapple flavour (I used Lorann brand)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a bowl, whisk together your almond flour, protein, xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt.
- Whisk in the melted butter. It won’t fully incorporate but do the best you can. (**This is not in the video**)
- Measure out 1 cup of warm water and stir in the pineapple flavouring.
- Pour 3/4 pineapple water into the flour and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- If it’s still fairly thick and some almond flour won’t incorporate, add the rest of the water and mix thoroughly. It should have the consistency of a thick batter.
- Wet your hands and take a handful of the dough and use your hands to form a ball.
- Place the dough balls into the deep dish. You should get approximately 10 buns out of the dough.
- Use your wet fingers to smooth the tops of the balls and place in the oven.
- Bake at 375°F / 175°C for 30 minutes.
If you are going to bake them separately and not in a dish, bake for around 15 minutes and check.
2.8 net carbs per bun.
YIELD: 10 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 172 TOTAL FAT: 11.3g CARBOHYDRATES: 6.6g FIBER: 3.8g PROTEIN: 13.8g