yield: 8 prep time: 45 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
Surprise your Sunday dinner guests with this perfect keto beef wellington. Perfectly crispy out the outside and a nice medium-rare on the inside. A British tradition!
- 0.75 – 1kg cut of beef
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1/4 cup onion – chopped finely
- 3 cups (200g) mushrooms – chopped finely
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 10 slices prosciutto / parma ham
- 2 cups (200g) mozzarella – shredded
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- First things first, let’s sear the meat. Melt the butter over high heat. It should begin to bubble.
- Place the beef into the butter and cooking for 2-3 minutes until it is nicely browned.
- Keep turning the meat until the entire surface of the beef has been browned.
- Immediately brush dijon mustard over the meat, covering its surface.
- Set the meat aside to cool but keep the butter in the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium high and add the garlic, onion, mushrooms and thyme.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until all the water has been cooked off. Make sure no water remains. Set aside.
- Set a piece of cling/seran wrap on your counterspace. Begin to place the 10 pieces of prosciutto on the seran wrap, slightly covering eachother so it makes a square.
- Spread the mushroom mixture over the prosciutto.
- Place the mustard covered beef on top of the mushroom mixture and use the cling wrap to wrap the prosciutto around the meat. Make sure it’s covered entirely by the prosciutto.
- Finally, let’s make the dough. Begin by melting the mozzarella cheese either in the microwave or on the stove.
- Add in the 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour and baking powder and stir until it begins to form a dough. You may need to use your hands to knead it all together.
- Add in the egg and continue to knead.
- Pour in the remaining almond flour and continue to knead until it is a dough.
- Roll the dough flat between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Place the prosciutto-wrapped beef in the middle and wrap the dough around the meat, sealing the edges.
- Flip the whole thing over so that edges/seams are at the bottom.
- Brush with a beaten egg.
- Bake at 400°F / 200°C for 45 minutes. Cover with foil after 20 minutes.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy your keto beef wellington!
This makes about 8 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 458
- FAT: 29.1
- CARBS: 5.1
- FIBRE: 1.9
- NET CARBS: 3.5
- PROTEIN: 43.6