prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
An easy and delicious keto baguette. Perfect to toast and to serve for dipping or even using as bruschetta. Gluten, grain and sugar free!
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 1.25 cups (100g) whey isolate unflavoured
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) butter – melted
- 1/3 cup (80g) greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) + 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 drops of wheat flavouring (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar substitute (optional)
- Your favourite herbs & spices
- baguette molds
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until a thick batter forms.
Line your baguette mold with parchment paper and spread the batter onto each mold.
Use wet hands to smooth the top of the batter.
Bake at 375°F / 190°C for 10-15 minutes or until the bread is a light gold.
Take out and let cool for 5 minutes.
Slice and Enjoy!
This makes 2 baguette rolls – around 40 slices.
Nutritional Information Per Baguette slice:
- CALS: 56
- FAT: 4.2
- CARBS: 1.3
- FIBRE: 0.6
- NET CARBS: 0.7
- PROTEIN: 3.8