My favorite meat loaf recipe, healthy and delicious that can be varied all kinds of ways. Just 7 Freestyle SmartPoints and works with Simply Filling/No Count Technique.
PREP TIME 20 MINS
COOK TIME 1 HR
TOTAL TIME 1 HR 20 MINS
Servings (adjustable): Calories: 243
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (7% or less)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 2 large egg whites (I use 1 whole egg instead)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (plus more for brushing on top)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (not ground thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 teaspoon minced fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 4-1/2 x 8-1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetables in the bowl and mix well. Press the meatloaf into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes. Brush additional ketchup on top of the loaf, if desired.
- Cook until done, an additional 30 to 45 minutes. (An instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf should read 160F degrees.)
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.
Meatloaf Recipe Variations:Spinach-Feta Meatloaf:Add 10 ounces thawed frozen chopped spinach (drained and squeezed dry) and 1/2 cup reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese to the meat loaf mixture. (7 Freestyle SmartPoints)
BBQ Cheeseburger Meatloaf:Add 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese to the meat loaf mixture and substitute favorite BBQ sauce for the ketchup. (9 Freestyle SmartPoints)
Italian Meatloaf with Roasted Red Peppers:Add 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers (not packed in oil) to the mushroom mixture in step 1. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil to the meat meat loaf mixture. (7 Freestyle SmartPoints) Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *6Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *6Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *7Nutrition FactsWeight Watchers Meatloaf RecipeAmount Per Serving (2 slices)Calories 243Calories from Fat 72%
Daily Value*Total Fat 8g12%
Total Carbohydrates 15g5%Dietary Fiber 2g8%
Protein 26g52%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Course: Main CourseCuisine: AmericanKeyword: healthy meatloaf, veggie meatloaf