Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 32 mins
Serves: 12 3 freestyle SP, 4SP/3PP (older programs)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- ⅓ cup unsweetned applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular size 12 cup muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and mix in the brown sugar. Add in mashed banana, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Fold in 2.5Tbsp of chocolate chips *leaving the remaining 1.5Tbsp for the topping
- Batter will be on the thicker side and that is ok, fill muffin cups equally with batter
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the batter and then the remaining chocolate chips *Note- if you are not a fan of coconut you can leave it off, there is 5SP in the 3Tbsp so I’m not sure it will lower the points, you could add an extra Tbsp of chocolate chips to the batter instead.
- Bake in the oven for 22 minutes or until baked right through, let cool then remove from baking tin.
- Muffins best stored in the fridge after a day, they will freeze well.
NotesFreestyle SP- 3 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- 4 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info… Calories 122…Fat 3.6g…Sat fat 2g…Carbs 21.4g…Fiber 2.5g…Sugar 9g…Protein 3g using My Fitness Pal *Note- this incl all ingredinets, old SP/PP were determined before entering the banana/applesauce into the equation