They’re a great wholesome choice for Weight Watchers looking for a sweet treat without added sugar (except what might be in your peanut butter and chocolate chips).
SKINNY ON 4-INGREDIENT HEALTHY SWEET POTATO BANANA MINI MUFFINS
With just four basic ingredients – mashed cooked sweet potato, mashed banana, nut butter – and your favorite optional mix-ins, these stir together in minutes.
They are flourless, gluten-free and dairy-free too!
The only special equipment required is a Mini Muffin Pan, but if you don’t have one, you could just use a regular pan filling each cup about one-third full.
Cooking Notes from Lindsay about these sweet potato banana mini muffins:
- They’re not super sweet, but they’re sweet enough for me!
- They’re gluten-free and dairy-free!
- You can eat them for dessert, for an afternoon snack or before a workout
- The recipe is very forgiving so your measurements don’t have to be exact.
I made a batch on Sunday. It was the perfect way to use up the 1/2 cup of leftover mashed sweet potato that happened to be sitting in the fridge.
I found them a little tricky to get out of the muffin tins so be sure to grease the cups of your mini-muffin pan well to avoid sticking!
While the texture is different than your typical muffin, they were a pleasant treat for just 1 SmartPoint. Enjoy!
vegan – substitute flax eggs for the eggs (for each egg stir together 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water and let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes to thicken)
different pureed fruits and veggies – pumpkin and applesauce come to mind but they would be less sweet
different nut/seed butters – peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, soybean butter, etc.
optional stir-ins – chopped dried dates, raisins, dried cranberries, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, sweet spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, chopped crystallized ginger, blueberries, cranberries, etc.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving: (1 mini muffin or 1/14th of the recipe): 47 cals,3 g fat, 0.7 sat fat, 3.7 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 1.6 g sugars, 2.1 g protein, 1 PointsPlus, 1 SmartPoint
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
- 1/2 c cooked, mashed sweet potato (approx 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (approx 1 medium)
- 1/4 c nut butter
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon, to taste
- Optional mix-ins: dark chocolate chips, fruit, chia seeds, etc
- Smash the sweet potato and banana together in a small bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, eggs and cinnamon & mix well.
- Stir in any additional mix-ins and spoon into greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes.