Ingredients Serves 24
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|1⁄4 tsp baking soda|
|1⁄8 tsp table salt|
|3 tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, stick-variety|
|2 tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter|
|1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed|
|1⁄4 cup sugar|
|1 large egg white|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 cooking spray, 2 sprays|
- Prep 20 min
- Cook 10 min
- Ready 30 min
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine margarine and peanut butter in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until blended and smooth. Gradually add both sugars and beat until blended; add egg white and vanilla and beat until smooth. While beating on low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of plastic wrap and roll into an 8-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours. (Note: You can make the cookie dough up to 3 days in advance and freeze until ready to bake.).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and slice crosswise into about twenty-four 1/3-inch-thick slices; place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden around edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Flavor Booster: Browned margarine has a nutty flavor that enhances a peanut butter cookie. Melt the margarine in a small skillet until it sizzles and just begins to brown. Remove from heat and freeze for 20 minutes, or until firm, before using in recipe.
- Per serving: 3 SmartPoints; 2 PointsPlus; 1 POINTS (old)