- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar substitute (like Stevia or Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe mug, combine the self-rising flour, cocoa powder, and granulated sugar substitute.
- Add the unsweetened applesauce, non-fat plain Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract to the mug. Stir well until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Microwave the mug on high for about 1 minute. Cooking time may vary depending on your microwave’s wattage, so start with 45 seconds and adjust accordingly. The cake should rise and set but remain moist.
- Let the mug cake cool for a minute or two before enjoying.
This simple recipe yields a chocolatey mug cake that is relatively low in points and suitable for those following the W/W program. Please remember that ingredient brands and formulations may affect the overall point value, so it’s always a good idea to double-check the current W/W point value for your specific ingredients. Additionally, feel free to customize the recipe with your favorite low-point toppings like fresh berries or a dollop of light whipped cream.