WW SAUSAGE ROLLS
4.5 Stars (13 Reviews)PRINTThis recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendlyExtra Easy – 1 HEb per serving (2 sausage rolls)Original/SP – 1 HEb per serving (2 sausage rolls)WW Smart Points – 6PREP TIME15 minutesCOOK TIME40 minutesTOTAL TIME55 minutes
- 450g (1lb) of pork shoulder (all fat removed) or use extra lean ground pork
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of ground sage
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt (can add more if you prefer, but I find this to be enough)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 slices of regular sliced 100% whole wheat (wholemeal) bread (4xHEb)
- chicken stock (approx 1/2 cup/120ml)
- Spray oil and sea salt
- Add pork to a food processor and pulse several times until finely ground.
- Carefully remove crusts from bread, 2 slices should then be no more than 60g (2oz). Roll the bread really thin with a rolling pin (this is important for that crisp golden look) and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with spray oil
- Add the onion and fry for 1-2 mins
- Slowly add in a little stock and keep reducing down, do this until the onions are softened and a lovely golden yellow. Approx 5 mins. Allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 210c/420f
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Spray with spray oil
- Add the slices of bread to the tray.
- Add the onion to the ground pork, along with the paprika, salt and ground sage, mix to combine.
- Add a small part of the raw sausage mixture to one side of a slice of bread, in a rough sausage shape.
- Brush the other end of the bread with egg.
- Carefully roll up into a sausage roll, so it is sealed tightly.
- Score the top with a sharp knife and brush over the top with beaten egg.
- Repeat with the other slices of bread. So you have 8 sausage rolls.
- To get the bread really crispy, you can also give a little spray of cooking oil spray to the top and a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20-25 mins until lovely and golden in colour and sausage is cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold with your choice of sides.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
2 sausage rolls
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 320 TOTAL FAT: 6.5g SATURATED FAT: 2.8g CHOLESTEROL: 136mg SODIUM: 482mg CARBOHYDRATES: 22.1g FIBER: 3.5g SUGAR: 2.6g PROTEIN: 42.2g