Easy apple turnover made the Slimming World way. Syn Free if using healthy extras with delicious green apples, stevia, cinnamon and the much loved Weight Watchers Wraps.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 6 Calories: 64
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steamer Basket
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baking Pan
- Pasty Maker
- 3 Medium Green Apples
- 3 Weight Watchers Wraps
- 1 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Small Egg
- 3 Tbsp Stevia
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Peel, remove the cores and thinly dice the apples. Place them inside your steamer basket inside of your Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Pour over 250ml/1 cup of water. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and set the time on the Instant Pot to 0 minutes on manual.
- While the apples are cooking sprinkle your air fryer baking pan with cinnamon and ½ of the stevia. Also beat an egg in a bowl for your egg wash.
- When the apples beep, manually release pressure, drain and place them in the air fryer baking pan. Toss the apples in the cinnamon and stevia and cook for 1 minute on 180c/360f in the air fryer baking pan.
- In the baking pan add to the apple mixture a tablespoon of Greek Yoghurt. This will give it a delicious creamy apple turnover centre. If you test it and its not sweet enough then add a little extra stevia.
- Half a Weight Watchers wrap and lay out your two halves.
- Brush with egg and add a layer of your apple mixture and turnover the wrap so that it is the shape of a pasty. Using your pasty maker, press down until you have the perfect shape. Coat the outside with egg and place in the air fryer on the main air fryer basket.
- Rinse and repeat and cook 3-4 at a time depending on the size of your air fryer. Cook up to 4 at a time for 3 minutes on one side at 18oc/360f and then finish with 2 minutes on the other side at 200c/400f.
- Once they are cooked sprinkle with your leftover stevia and some extra cinnamon.
Each weight watchers wrap will make 2 apple turnovers. Each apple will be enough for 2 apple turnovers. Therefore if you want just 2 for yourself then you will need 1 apple and 1 wrap. I recommend using a good pair of tongs. That way when you turn them over you won’t burn yourself. If you don’t already have a pasty maker, then I thoroughly recommend you get one. We have had ours for 15 years and it still looks brand new and makes it so much easier to make pasties. If counting the apple as healthy extras, then it works out at ¾ of a healthy extra B for the cooked apple and 3 healthy extra B’s for the weight watchers wraps. But this is to make a total of 6 apple turnovers. Meaning that each one works out at 0.6 HEB per apple turnover, so if you do use your Syns then they are Syn Free. Or you can count the apples as Syns (less than ½ a Syn per apple turnover) and then eat more of them.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.3mg