A very easy recipe for a keto chocolate chip cake, made with almond flour and sweetened with stevia.
Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 30 mins Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
Keyword: cake, gluten free, keto Servings: 8 slices Calories: 285kcal
- 0.5 tablespoon soft unsalted butter for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (or cream if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia glycerite
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour (6 oz)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (3oz; not treated with alkali)*
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a 9-inch glass pie plate with butter.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. One by one, gradually whisk in the milk, melted butter, salt, vanilla and stevia. Finally, whisk in the almond flour and the baking soda.
- Use a spatula to transfer the batter into the prepared pie plate. Scatter the chocolate chips evenly on top and press on them gently with your hand – don’t mix them into the batter or they’ll sink into the bottom while baking.
- Bake the cake until puffy, browned and set, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a cooling rack to room temperature, about 30 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge, warming them very briefly in the microwave (10 seconds per slice) before serving.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
*Please make sure that the chocolate chips you use are made with cacao that was not treated with alkali (it should state so on the ingredients list if it was). The baking soda in this recipe needs the acidity in the cocoa to get activated.
Nutrition FactsKeto Chocolate Chip CakeAmount Per Serving (1 slice)Calories 285Calories from Fat 207% Daily Value*Fat 23g35%Saturated Fat 9g56%Sodium 186mg8%Carbohydrates 9g3%Fiber 3g13%Sugar 3g3%Protein 9g18%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.