These low carb blueberry cheese muffins are more like cheesecake than muffins. These gluten free muffins can be eaten plain or with fruit and nuts on top.
Course Dessert Cuisine American Keyword blueberry muffins, cream cheese muffins Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Servings 12 people Calories 155kcal
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low carb sugar substitute or equivalent
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Beat softened cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add sweetener, xanthan gum, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Fold in blueberries and almonds.
- Spoon into 12 muffin molds lined with the papers.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until set and tops just starting to brown (as in photo)..Cool and store in the refrigerator. Best served chilled.
Using room temperature cream cheese allows for a smooth cream cheese mixture.The following can be added in place of the blueberries:
- sugar-free chocolate chips
- broken low carb cookie pieces (Nui cookies work well)
Instant Pot Directions:Put the batter into half-pint jars with rings and lids, not tightened, just loose, and steam for 15 minutes, then NPR (natural pressure release) for 20 minutes.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 547IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg
Net Carbs: 2 g | % Carbs: 5 % | % Protein: 10.1 % | % Fat: 84.9 %
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.