A decadent Weight Watchers Tuscan chicken pasta recipe which pairs sun-dried tomatoes and with a luxurious garlic cream sauce. You won’t believe how many WW points…
PREP TIME20 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
TOTAL TIME40 mins
- 11 oz. wholewheat or gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes, (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white onion, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, reduced-fat, grated. to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onions / shallots and cook for a minute.
- In a separate pot, prepare the pasta as indicated on the package instructions. Remove from heat about 2 minutes before the time indicated on the package. Reserve a cup of pasta water in case you want to use it to loosen up the sauce later. You can also use a bit of chicken or vegetable broth.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta to cook, mix the yogurt, milk, and mozzarella in a separate bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the pasta to the skillet with the chicken.
- Add in the seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Pour in the yogurt/milk/cheese mixture.
- Cook and stir for one minute until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Sprinkle on a little bit of parmesan
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you like crunch texture, stir in bread crumbs or chopped nuts (like almonds or walnuts).
- Add more heavy cream if needed. If you would like the sauce to be thicker, add more grated Parmigiano. For a stronger flavor, replace it with Pecorino cheese.