Amazing Flour-less Black Bean Brownies are moist, chocolatey and delicious – finally a low-fat, gluten-free brownie that’s pretty darn good made with no flour and no butter!
PREP TIME:15minutes mins
COOK TIME:30minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:45minutes mins
YIELD: 16 servings
- 1 14 oz canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or dairy, skim)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee or instant coffee
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (divided (Hershey’s))
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a nonstick 9 x 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Blend the black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, oil, almond milk, balsamic, baking soda, baking powder and coffee in the blender until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing them into squares.
Adapted from Roasted Root.
Serving: 1brownie, Calories: 144kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 23.5mg, Sodium: 91mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 17.5g