This Skinny Pumpkin Bread or Muffins is a prefect blend of spice and pumpkin! A fall must have!
PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOK TIME 15 minutes | ADDITIONAL TIME 40 minutes | TOTAL TIME 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup self rising flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1/2 cup zero point brown sugar substitute( I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 Tbsp land o lakes light butter made with canola oil or unsweetened applesauce sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×5 bread pan with nonstick cooking spray or 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the self rising flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and mix together until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine, whisk the egg, granulated white sugar substitute, brown sugar substitute, vanilla extract and pumpkin. Mix until combined.
- Gradually add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients as you stir. Before the two are completely incorporated add in melted butter or unsweetened applesauce. Stir just until barely combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX. (The number one tip is to not over mix or it will ruin the texture)
Pour into prepared loaf pan or 12 cup muffin tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes if making loaf or 15-18 minutes if making muffins or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan or muffin tin.
- Store bread or muffins in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or the freezer for up to a month.
- The Gold Medal brand of self rising flour is 3 points less ( 1 1/2 cup for 16 points) than a generic self rising flour ( 1 1/2 cup for 19 points) which impacts the overall point value. If you use a different brand of self rising flour the point value is 2 points per serving regardless if you use unsweetened applesauce or light butter.