Prep Time15 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time30 mins
Yield: 7 Servings (2 empanadas per serving = 5 points for blue, 4 points for purple, 6 points for green)Keyword: freestyle, weight watchers, we
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the chicken breast, salsa, Mexican cheese, cilantro, cumin and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on your work surface. Unroll the pie crust. Go over it with a roller.
- Use a 3″ circle cutter to cut out 14 circles. I made 9 circles the first time, then I rolled the scraps into a ball and rolled it out again to get my last 5 circles.
- Add a tablespoon of the chicken mixture to the center of the dough, then fold together and pinch the edges. Use a fork to seal the edges together. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Place the empanadas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush the egg wash over the empanadas.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the empanadas are golden brown.