These Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are a classic pumpkin spice muffin filled with a light cream cheese swirl. I’m telling you-these Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins will be on repeat!
Author: thepounddropper.comPREP TIME10 minutesCOOK TIME18 minutesADDITIONAL TIME5 minutesTOTAL TIME33 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes buttermilk flapjack pancake mix or Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix, Buttermilk or King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs or 4 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup zero point white granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
CREAM CHEESE BATTER:
- 3 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp zero point granulated white sugar sweetener ( I use Lakanto classic or baking sweetener)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a full size muffin tin with 12 liners or spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add pumpkin puree, eggs, water, extract, and sugar substitute. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine kodiak pancake mix, pumpkin spice, cinnamon. baking powder.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the bowl with wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins with a little over half full of pumpkin batter.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar sweetener. Add the egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp of cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin batter.
- Use a toothpick or butter knife to swirl into the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tins for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature. These muffins can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Servings: Makes 12 regular size muffins
GREEN/BLUE\PURPLE: 2 smart points each
- Let the muffins completely cool before serving, otherwise they tend to stick to the muffin liners.
- The overall point value would be the same if you used King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Mix, Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix Buttermilk or the Kodiak Cakes buttermilk flapjack pancake mix.