ealthier Lemon Bars- Indulge your sweet tooth! These easy to make Lemon Bars have a golden buttery shortbread crust , a custard -like filling with the perfect blend of sweetness and bright lemon flavor and a light dusting of powdered sugar. The best part? These Weight Watchers Lemon bars are only 100 cal/each (5 Smart pts) .
- 1¼ cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 8 Tbsp regular butter, cold, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 large egg(s)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup(s) powdered sugar, divided
- ¾ cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.(Adjusting rack so it is in the middle of the oven)
For the crust
- In a food processor (or blender) mix the flour and brown sugar until fully incorporated. Add COLD butter to the flour mixture and pulse, using short bursts, until the butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and the dough appears lumpy.
- Spread dough as evenly as possible in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 pan. Press down with a spatula to create a packed surface. Place pan in the center of oven and bake until golden, approx. 20 mins).
For the filling
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until well blended. Add vanilla extract and ¾ cup powdered sugar and mix well. Add lemon juice and remaining powdered sugar. Continue to mix until powdered sugar is dissolved, mix in lemon zest.
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300F. Immediately pour lemon filling mixture over hot crust. Return to oven and continue to cook for an additional 30 mins. Cool bars completely before cutting. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Nutrition InformationServing size: 1 bar Calories: 100 Fat: 3.9 g Saturated fat: 2.4 g Carbohydrates: 16.6 g Sugar: 10.4 g Sodium: 11.0 mg Fiber: .2 g Protein: 1.3 g Cholesterol: 10.4 mg