Course: dinner, Main CourseCuisine: American, ItalianKeyword: Weight Watchers dinner, weight watchers pasta recipe, Weight watchers recipe with pointsPrep Time: 30 minutesCook Time: 1 hourTotal Time: 1 hour 30 minutesServings: 4 servings
- 240 g pasta shapes I used Campanelle
- 1 onion peeled and chopped finely
- 2 bell peppers I used one orange & one yellow
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 250 g mushrooms chopped
- 450 g extra lean minced beef / extra lean ground beef
- 1 can chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- 250 ml beef stock made with 1 stock cube / bouillon
- 60 g reduced fat mozzarella grated
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oF / Gas mark 4
- Chop all the vegetables prior to starting making your ragu.
- Spray the bottom of a large frying pan / skillet with spray oil, add the onions and fry off for 3 – 4 minutes over a medium heat. Turn up the heat a little and add the garlic, peppers, mushrooms and mince and cook, stirring continuously until the mince has browned. If the bottom of the pan has started to brown at all, add a couple of tablespoons of water and use a wooden spoon to scrape these browned bits off the pan. This is called de-glazing and, as long as its not completely burnt, will add to the overall flavour!
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock, stir and bring to the boil. Once the ragu has come to the boil, reduce to a medium heat, season well and partially cover. Simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced.
- Whilst the ragu is cooking, you can cook your pasta according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain thoroughly and set aside.
- When the ragu has reduced, stir in the cooked pasta and pour into an oven proof dish. Top with the grated / shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the cheese has started to turn golden brown and is bubbling. Serve and enjoy!
Please be aware that the nutritional information below has been automatically generated and does not account for variations in product brands and types, weights of individual ingredients etc. It should therefore be considered as an estimate.PointedKitchen.com has calculated Weight Watchers Smart Points based on the individual ingredients used to make this recipe and not from the following nutritional information.PointedKitchen.com is not responsible for any loss or damage relating to your reliance on this nutritional information.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 1217mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2055IU | Vitamin C: 89.6mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 5.3mg