Looking for a sponge cake without fuss? Try this sugar free low carb simple sponge cake. Moist, tasty and versatile. You won’t be disappointed!Ingredients
- 250g ricotta
- 100g erythritol (click HERE for U.S. option)
- 1 tsp pure stevia powder (click HERE for U.S. option)
- 3 large eggs
- 100g melted unsalted butter
- 70g lupin flour (click HERE for U.S. option) (click HERE for International option – use code CmV5vIU8 for discount at checkout) N.B. Reduce to 50g if using fresh ricotta from the deli counter, which is much drier than the packaged varieties.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of fine Himalayan pink salt (U.S. option HERE)
- a sprinkle of Sukrin icing ‘sugar’ (or make your own)
- pre-heat oven to 160C fan (175C static).
- melt butter in the microwave on low setting and set aside to cool down.
- using a hand whisk, blend ricotta, erythritol and stevia
- whisk in whole eggs, one at a time, then add melted butter and whisk a little more.
- add sieved flour and baking powder, plus salt, and mix well.
- pour cake mix into a 24cm x 24cm silicone oven mould or similar (unless using silicone, make sure to butter the mould first).
- bake for about 30 mins until golden brown.
- allow to cool completely before serving with a little sugar free icing sugar sprinkled on top.
NotesMacros if using Philadelphia cheese: Kcals 173; F 14.6g; C 2.2g; P 6.7g.
Macros if using Mascarpone cheese (Lovilio): Kcals 231; F 21.6g; C 1.9g; P 6.3g.