These Two Point Soft Ginger Cookies are insanely delicious!
PREP TIME 15 minutes COOK TIME 13 minutes TOTAL TIME 28 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups self rising flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 6 Tbsp Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1/2 cup zero point granulated sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener)
- 1/4 cup zero point brown sugar substitute ( I use Sukrin Gold or Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup zero point granulated sugar substitute, to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine, flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together light butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar substitutes. Add egg and molasses and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add a little flour mixture at a time and continue to beat as much as you can until all the flour mixture is incoprporated.
- Using your hands, shape dough into 2-inch balls. Roll in sugar substitute and place on a cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
- Repeat until 24 cookies are made.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light and puffy.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE or these will be hard and overly chewy.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month.
Servings: Makes 24 cookies
GREEN: 2 SmartPoints for 1 cookie or 5 SmartPoints for 2 cookie
BLUE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 cookie or 5 SmartPoints for 2 cookies
PURPLE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 cookie or 5 SmartPoints for 2 cookies